YOUR HOMETOWN PHYSICAL THERAPY CLINIC
Proudly Serving Central Maryland
Bayside Physical Therapy and Sports Rehabilitation, Inc. is a collaborative idea developed by David A. Brown, P.T. and Kevin C. Wrenn, D.P.T. Our goal was to develop a physical therapy company that put patients’ needs first – to listen first, understand second, evaluate third and to communicate the findings and develop a treatment plan focused on maximizing your health and well-being.
Our next goal was to become closely involved with the community, always listening to the needs of the community and growing to meet those needs but never outgrowing the community itself. Finally, we want all of our patients to feel special, that each of their needs is being addressed and that you never feel like just another number.
We, at Bayside, view each person who comes to us as an individual with a unique set of problems and goals. We use our listening skills, manual skills, and treatment modalities to create an optimal environment for the patient to improve and gain control over his or her problems.
We will provide you with the proper education and exercise tools to help you reach your goals, along with motivation and encouragement throughout your treatment program.
In our efforts to meet your needs, we will continue to expand our physical therapy programs. We currently participate with most insurance and will continue to search out new insurance companies and medical assistance to covered insurances is available!
Providing Central Maryland with Evidence-Based Physical Therapy
Now with 6 locations.
Our Physical Therapy Clinics Provide:
- Evaluation Within 48 hrs
- Early and late appointments available upon request
- Personalized Care with Treatment Tailored For Each Patient
- Licensed Therapy Providers
- Specialized Treatment Programs
- Friendly and Open Environment
- Convenient Locations with Easy Access and Parking
At Bayside Physical Therapy and Sports Rehabilitation, our goal is to create an environment that optimizes your body’s ability to heal. With prompt, appropriate treatment, our physical therapists will guide you to a faster recovery. This means returning sooner to work, daily activities, hobbies, and sports. We love bringing Central Maryland back to full function.
Our physical therapy clinics accept most major insurance plans including Medicare, medical assistance, and workers’ compensation.
Bayside Physical Therapy Services
Bayside Physical Therapy and Sports Rehab provide comprehensive physical therapy, sports medicine, and rehabilitative services in a supportive interdisciplinary setting. These services are available for children, adults, and geriatrics. Below are many of the services available and the conditions treated:
- Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Neurologic Conditions
- Sports Medicine / Isokinetic Testing
- Lower Extremity Biomechanical Evaluation
- Video Gait Analysis / Gait training
- Foot Orthotic Fabrication
- Corporate / Industrial Medicine
- Neuromuscular Re-education
- Back School
- Golf Analysis
- Sports Performance / Enhancement
Aquatic therapy offers an alternative environment for therapeutic exercises. If you have tried traditional physical therapy or have restrictions on your physical therapy program, aquatic therapy may be the perfect solution for your rehabilitation and recovery.
Who can benefit from aquatic therapy?
- Chronic pain patients that have tried conventional physical therapy in the past and could not tolerate land-based therapy
- Post-op patients learning to normalize their gait pattern
- Patients with hypersensitivity
- Patients with severe arthritis (OA/RA)
- Patients with balance or proprioceptive deficits
- Obese patients
- Patients with overall poor endurance
Bayside Physical Therapy and Sports Rehab offer many specialty programs in addition to the previously mentioned services. Those programs include:
- Healthy Back School
Injury awareness and prevention
Home education program
- Sports Performance
Throwing athlete exercise and prevention
- Vestibular / Balance Program
- Orthotic Fabrication
Posture evaluation child & adult
- Orthopedic and Sports Therapy
- Certified Hand Therapy (Glen Burnie)
- Manual Therapy
- Treatment of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain
- TMJ Syndrome Evaluation and Treatment
- Aquatic Therapy (Millersville, Stevensville & Price Frederick locations)
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Joint Replacement
- Dry Point Needling (Cash based program)
Our Directors and Specialists
New Patient Forms
For your convenience, you may print and complete these forms prior to your first visit.
For Additional Questions Please Contact Us
Yes. The choice of where you receive therapy is always yours. While the majority of our patients come to us by physician referral/recommendation, many clients request to see us due to our strong clinical reputation in the community.
We operate in a direct access state where, if your insurance plan authorizes self-referral to physical therapy, a physician referral is not necessary for you to be seen by a licensed therapist. Please check with your insurance though as many health insurance plans require a physician’s referral for therapy to be covered. We also offer treatments, services, and/or products that do NOT require a referral and are available on a self-pay basis.” these laws vary by state BTW.
- We participate in the majority of major health insurance plans including Medicare and Worker’s Compensation. Please contact us prior to your first visit to see if we participate with your specific health plan.
As a service to our patients, we will gladly file claims with your insurance company on your behalf. In order to appropriately submit these claims, we will need to obtain a copy of your insurance identification card to ensure that we have the necessary information.
Your therapist will conduct an evaluation of your condition lasting between 60-90 minutes. The evaluation is necessary to create a program designed specifically to address your needs for maximum recovery.
– Referral slip from your medical doctor
– Your medical insurance card
– Your ID
– If you are getting therapy as a result of a worker’s compensation claim or an automobile accident, you will also need to bring your claim information, including claim number.
Please arrive 15 minutes early on your first visit to fill out any necessary paperwork.
We recommend comfortable clothing such as sweatpants or shorts, a T-shirt or tank-top and sneakers.
Each visit will last 60 – 90 minutes on average. Times vary due to the treatment and exercises being performed.
The regularity of your visits will be determined after your initial evaluation, but most patients have 3 visits each week scheduled.